6.29.2007

Frudal Fridays - Giant Eagle Cereal/Milk Special



In the Central Ohio area, Giant Eagle grocery stores have a special going on similar to the one at Kroger last week.

If you buy 3 boxes of General Mills cereal, a coupon for one free gallon of milk will print on the Catalina machine. If you buy 6 boxes of General Mills cereal, a coupon for two free gallons of milk will print. Also to sweeten the deal, select varieties of GM cereals are on sale.

I dropped in yesterday, and for $8.25 I walked away with 6 boxes of cereal (3 Regular Cheerios, 2 Chex, 1 new Cheerios Clusters) and 2 gallons of milk. Word to the wise... watch the transaction closely! I went through the self-checkout and had a few problems with everything scanning with the correct price and with the Catalina machine printing the appropriate coupons. However, when I asked for assistance, the cashier was perfectly helpful and gracious.

For our family, this was a really good deal. It's pretty much a given that we are going to buy milk every week, and for the price of 2 gallons of milk, I got a few boxes of cereal for free --- this will really come in handy next week when I have 5 extra houseguests for the holiday weekend!!

P.S. Sorry for not linking directly to the Giant Eagle website or to the specific deal, but their website wasn't responding this morning.

No comments: